Saturday, February 7, 2009

Huntelaar interview


"La Liga and the Champions League are two of my dreams; I want to win many titles here"

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has played five matches since signing for Real Madrid. Although he won't be playing in what's left of this season's Champions League, the Dutch Striker dreams of "winning a European Cup with Real Madrid." He sat down with Realmadrid.com to discuss his first month as a Madridista.

How do you feel now that your first month is behind you?

I am very happy to be playing for Real Madrid. It's a great club, the most important in the world. My debut was nice. I wasn't able to score unfortunately, but I had a great chance. I have to play more and continue fighting because I know the goals will come.

Did you follow La Liga when you lived in the Netherlands?

I watch any football match that is shown on television, and in Holland they air matches from Spain, Germany and Italy. I watch because there are a lot of Dutch players who are friends of mine and play for foreign teams.

What are your thoughts on teams in La Liga?

I know almost every team by name and I have seen the majority of them play because I followed La Liga from Holland. I think this is Europe's strongest competition.

How have Real Madrid prepared for their match against Racing Santander?

They're a great Spanish team who play with a good system. I am familiar with it and with some of their players. They now have Zigic, who came back from Valencia. I have seen some of their matches and know they did a good job against Barcelona. We'll have to be mindful.

Is La Liga a rough competition?

It's a great competition. I think this and the English league are the two best. I can't say it's rough, but it is a bit more tough than the Dutch league, for example.

A win on Saturday would make it seven straight. Is it possible?

I hope we win our seventh straight. It will help is a lot because it will keep out confidence high. We also need to continue pressuring Barcelona. They have a substantial lead on us, but we need to continue winning to not lose sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment